The Government of Nepal, Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Security, Department of Foreign Employment, EPS Korea Section, Located in Gwarko, Lalitpur, has published the notice about Special Korean Language (Special EPS-TOPIK, 2023) on July 21, 2023 (Nepali Date 2080/04/05).
According to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) concluded between the Government of Nepal and the Government of the Republic of Korea under the Employment Permit System (EPS), the process of re-sending workers who have legally returned from South Korea as workers.
This information has been published for the information of all those concerned to fill the online application form with the following details from the eligible Nepali citizens those who wish to join the special Korean language test (Special EPS-TOPIK, CBT), included in the list received from the Human Resource Development Service of Korea (HRD) .
- Eligibility of the applicant
- Nepali Citizen
- Workers employed under EPS in Republic of Korea and returned voluntarily in Nepal within Visa Period after January 1, 2010.
- Age completed 18 and not exceeding 39, related candidate should born between 1983 July 30 A.D. to 2005 July 29 A.D. (2040 Shrawan 14 to 2062 Shrawan 14).
- Not having been convicted of a criminal offense by a court
- Not residing illegally in the Republic of Korea
- No prohibition to go outer country from Nepal
- People without Color Blindness
- Have not stayed in Korea for more than 5 years on E-9 and E-9-1 visas.
- Candidates can only fill up the application according to the name list received from the Human Resource Development Service of Korea (HRD) for the Special EPS-TOPIK exam.
2. Examination Schedule:
Form distribution, registration and submission Date: 2080 Shrawan 13 to Shrawan 15 (July 29-31, 2023)
Examination Routine Published Date: 2080 Bhadra 08 (August 25, 2023)
Examination Date: 2080 Bhadra 18 to Bhadra 29 (From September 04 to 15, 2023)
Result published Date: 2080 Aswin 03 (September 20, 2023)
* The examination schedule may be changed in case of exceptional circumstances
3. Application Registration Process:
- Application Registration Date: till 2080 shrawan 13 to shrawan 15 (July 29-31, 2023)
- Application Registration Process: The exam application form will have to be filled online by going to the https://eoers.epsnepal.gov.np. After filling the form, it is requested to download and print the admit card and keep it safely. Also, demo can be viewed on the first page of https://eoers.epsnepal.gov.np how to register the application.
- Documents required for application registration:
- Applicants will have to upload jpg image file (Width 600 pixels, Up to 100KB) scanned in the color of the page (bio page) containing passport photo while filling the application form.
- Photocopies of documents other than MRP passports will not be valid.
- Applicants must mention their own email address and mobile number while filling the application form.
- In the application form, MRP size color photo taken within three months, with a white background, both ears visible, upper chest-visible, without white clothing (Photo Width 100 ~ 300 pixels, File Type: JPEG only Up to 15KB size) will have to be scanned and uploaded.
- Along with the application, the passport number used while in Korea should also be mentioned. However, in the event of the expiry of the passport and taking a new passport, the number of both the passports will have to be mentioned.
- The applicant can appear in the Special EPS-TOPIK, CBT examination only after the application form is registered and approved by paying the examination fee.
4. Employment Sector: Productive , Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
Note: Those who want to fill the form in the productive sector will have to solve 08 questions related to the sub-sector in which the form is to be filled out of the 8 Sub Categories mentioned in the form.
5. Examination Fee:
The examination fee will be US$28. For the day before the applicant is to register the form, the Nepali rupees coming from the exchange rate fixed by the Nepal Rastra Bank can be paid only through the online payment provider organizations fixed for the examination fee.
6. Examination system and weightage of marks:
For Listening- 20 questions, full Marks 100
For Reading- 20 questions, full Marks 100
Total of 40 questions, Full Marks 200 and the allotted time is 50 minute.
* The EPS-TOPIK will be based on an objective multiple-choice assessment.
7. Under the Employment Permit System (EPS), in the case of people who have returned as seasonal workers after getting approval from the Ministry of Justice of Korea during the Covid period, in the case of those who have passed TOPIK Level 3 taken after 2016 and have received skill development training after 2016, the examination fee will be waived and an additional 5 to 25 points bonus will be received as prescribed.
8. Preparing for exam day:
- Each applicant will have to take their admit card and appear for the examination at the specified date and time and place 2 hours before the commencement of the examination.
- The applicant will have to bring the passport and admit card obtained after filling the application form, otherwise they will not be able to appear in the examination.
- Candidates who cannot appear on the scheduled date, time and place will not be allowed to participate in other exams.
9. Other information:
- Carrying electronic devices such as mobile phones, cassette players, PDA, MP3, and Smart Watch have been completely prohibited inside the examination hall and room. If such material is found, the examination of the concerned candidate will be considered illegal.
- Candidates who cheat in the language test will not be allowed to re-join the EPS-TOPIK exam for 4 years. In the past, the person who tried to take the exam under someone else’s name has been arrested and prosecuted as a public crime.
- If the applicant’s personal details (e.g. name, date of birth) differ from his passport at the time of registering the application form for the Korean language examination, the name will not be included in the roster even if he has passed the language test and will not be employed in South Korea.
- For more information contact HRD Service of Korea, EPS Center Nepal or EPS Korea branch which is located at Gwarko, Lalitpur.
“Passing the Korean language test is eligible to apply for employment in Korea and be placed on the roster to join the employment process under the employment permit system. But getting a job in Korea is not a 100% guarantee.”